“It's learning as has been using European Domain Centre since 2005, and we have consolidated most of our domains here, currently 19 domains, including our main production domains and also our development and test domains. The support experience has to date been a pleasant one, and support has been very helpful in cases where we have ordered "hard to get" national domains and been in the process of establishing a national presence.To date we have not received a "No, can't do that"-response from EDC. The user interface for administration is clean, easy to use and understand, and informative, as well as responsive. I highly recommend using European Domain Centre for domain management.”Jørn N. Hopland IT Manager, It's Learning AS
FAQ Quick Answers
Does a DNS update have a cost ?
A DNS update for most top level domains is free of charge. However there are some exotic domains where the Registry charges a fee, which will be passed on to you.
Scam Fighter Badge
The Scam Fighter badge is given to websites which help in the fight against internet scams.
The badge is an initiative from European Domain Centre. We have over the last six months - with help from a large community of website owners - created a large list of more than 500 Chinese domain name scammers. This list is visited monthly by thousands of potential victims, who learns about the scam. We cannot stop online scams, but by informing about it, we can minimize the damages. And that is why we want you on board.
Display the Scam Fighter badge on your website to show that visitors can use your information or products against scam. The scam fighter badge is a quality stamp that visitors to your website can confide in.
Who is eligible for the Scam Fighter badge?
- If you provide information on your website to help potential victims avoid scams such as counterfeiting, domain name scams, credit card scams a.o.
- If you offer products / services which fight scams such as spam filters, scam monitors, fraud detection systems etc.
Internet scam statistics
- Online counterfeit sales cost businesses $135 billion in revenue in 2012
- IC3 (the Internet Crime Complaint Center) received 289.874 consumer complaints worth $525 million in 2012
- Online banking fraud in the UK rose 12 per cent to £39.6million in 2012.